These movies (1984 - 2006) are listed in the order of their release years, though not necessarily by actual release date. I'll post a new movie list soon (2007 - present). I have saved the top four for last.
#5 - #30:
Remo Williams The Adventure Begins (1985) I saw this action movie at the theatre with my mother 25 years ago. We enjoyed it immensely. Joel Grey is fantastic in it.
Silverado (1985) This movie is a throwback to the Westerns on which I grew up great stuff
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) Remember those old movies wherein the hapless hero (Jerry Lewis, Don Knotts, et al) could do nothing right? Well, Ferris can do no wrong...the proverbial good-luck guy.
Aliens (1986) Lots of excitement...better than its predecessor
School Daze (1988) The first full colour Spike Lee Joint...good plot, good singing, good movie
Goodfellas (1990) Joe Pesci at his crazy-best. I read the book first, and the movie was just as good
The Marrying Man (1991) The movie that united Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin...real good stuff
Boomerang (1992) I can watch it any time --  Eddie Murphy and Robin Givens, are you kidding?
Passenger 57 (1992) The action is still great and not outdated
Class Act (1992) Kid and Play in a very underrated comedy. Kid is hilarious
A Bronx Tale (1993) My favourite DeNiro movie. This film is great in so many ways
Heart and Souls (1993) Drama, comedy, pathos...and the great Alfre Woodard
Demolition Man (1993) Snipes vs. Stallone in the (near?) future. Lots of fun
Baby's Day Out (1994) The scene in the park made me laugh until I cried
Shawshank Redemption (1994) This movie made many people's lists and with good reason. The acting is fantastic, the story is great, the movie is simply rewarding each time
Low Down Dirty Shame (1994) An action-comedy that always amuses
Devil in a Blue Dress (1995) Very good mystery thriller. Denzel is good and Don (Cheadle) is too good
Eraser (1996) Another exciting action flick on my list...this movie is fun to watch
A Time to Kill (1996) The drama is intense and thrilling. I loved seeing the klansmen getting battered
Con Air (1997) What an adrenaline HIGH (pun intended)
Jackie Brown (1997) When you absolutely have to kill everybody in the room...
The Mask of Zorro (1998) I love sword fighting more than gunfights, fistfights or any other movie fights. This movie took me back to Tyrone Power and Errol Flynn (and Catherine Zeta-Jones wasn't bad either)
U.S. Marshals (1998) Tommy Lee Jones reprised his Oscar winning role from The Fugitive and Wesley Snipes displayed some of his great fighting skills
Romeo Must Die (2000) Lots of fun...lots of fights
The Last Castle (2001) Along with Shawshank Redemption, one of the top prison movies of the past few decades
Dreamgirls (2006) Have you seen this movie? Then you understand...

The Top Four (in chronological order)
A Soldier's Story (1984) I have a friend who can imitate the voices and do the scenes from this movie. Of course there's nothing like the movie itself. A must see definitely
Road House (1989) A philosophy major kickin' butt? How can I not love it?
White Men Can't Jump (1992) Basketball...chases...trash talk...something for everyone (oh yeah, I believe Rosie Perez is in it also)
Enemy of the State (1998) It could happen to any of us...seriously. Will Smith is fantastic in this film

Thank you for allowing me to share some of my favourites with you. So long for now.

Like ·  ·